Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Random Bits of Information

- It is illegal to talk on your cell phone while driving in the state of New York.
- NYC strictly enforces recycling out of the home. If you choose not to, you could be fined.
- For all of The Office fans, I saw Scranton, Pennsylvania on my way to the camp site.
- Schools throughout the city have been closed for the past two days due to extreme heat. Many of the school buildings are old and do not have AC, so the students cannot attend school when it's 90 degrees inside.
- Favorite local restaurants so far: Pekings Kitchen in the Bronx and Jasmine's in Manhattan.
- Everyone must visit The Mall/The Writer's Walk area in Central Park. It's pretty quiet and very calm... my favorite place here thus far.

That's all I have for right now... more to come!

5 comments:

Suzie said...

Katie,
Your dad sent out the link to your blog. I look froward to reading about your adventures.

Suzie

Renee said...

Katie,

I am going to LOVE reading your blog! Thanks so much for allowing us to be a part of your adventure. Can't wait to hear more!

Renee Yarbrough

Deborah said...

Katie,
I'm so happy to have your blog address! I'll look forward to keeping up with your very important work this summer. Thank you for loving the Lord so much and for acting upon the gifts He's given you. You are a blessing to me, sweetie!
Deborah Bills

Melanie said...

Katie,
I stumbled upon your blog and am so glad I did! I'm excited for all you're experiencing in NYC. I'm loving Chiang Mai as well, and it's so awesome to see how God is working all over the world! I will be in prayer for you and Heath this summer. Talk to you later! :)
Melanie Smith

Hannah Anderson said...

Katie!!! I stalked you on facebook to find your blog! I love it...it sounds like you guys are having a wonderful time in New York. I love you, friend!