Saturday, May 31, 2008

10 more hours...

Heath and I have enjoyed our time in Tennessee! Friends and family have kept us busy, but I'm so glad I was able to visit with the people I love.

While still in Abilene, Heath and I attended a mission workshop featuring Tom Wymore. He discussed several ways in which we can truly show others that they are valued and loved by God. His main topic focused on the idea of 'redemptive listening'. It was really nice to be able to make connections with other students who were also going through the World Wide Witness program this summer.

We also took a Maymester course entitled Teaching the Good News. A lot of material was covered in one extremely short week; I feel like a gained a lot of insight into what I personally think the Gospel is. We covered various topics including the gospel, salvation, evangelism, and the kingdom of God. I'm looking forward to implementing what I've learned into my time in the Bronx. For those who don't know me, I tend to come off a little shy and quiet; this summer, it is my hope that I become more active in seeking relationship with those around me and show them love.

We will be flying out of the Nashville airport at 10:50 and should be meeting up with our fellow interns in the Big Apple at 2 or so! I am so grateful for this experience already. I look forward to giving you updates and sharing pictures with you. (Not quite sure if my apartment will have internet access, so it might be a few days before my next post.) Thank you so much for your prayers for my fellow interns and the Bronx Fellowship Church!

No comments: